Classic conversations, Part II… Rebel Toddler edition
26 January 2012
Time to Wake-Up Daddy!
- Rebel Toddler (3): <flops on my chest> Da! You gets up?
- Me: <grumbles, tries to roll over>
- RT: <shaking me> Da! Is time to gets up!
- Me: <more grumbling> It’s not time yet. I need more sleep.
- RT: <tries to pull my eyes open> No, Da! Mommy say to gets you up. So, gets up!
- Me: <more grumbling> Tell Mommy she’s full of… Okay, okay. I’m getting awake. Just give me a minute.
- RT: Da? You has bad breath?
- Me: Do I?
- RT: I tink so. You breath stinky.
- Me: Sorry.
- RT: Da? I has bad breath, too?
- Me: No, you don’t. Your breath smells fine.
- RT: <bends over, points his butt at me> See? Mine butt has bad breath!
- Me: Stop pointing that thing at me. I’m getting up!
12 January 2012
- Rebel Toddler (3): Da! Kin you tell I is getting big?
- Me: I can see you’re getting bigger.
- RT: Ya! Mine body get bigga everyday!
- Me: Is your brain getting bigger, too?
- RT: Mine brain?
- Me: Yeah. Are you getting smarter everyday?
- RT: Ya! I getting smarta, too. Soon I be as smart as you.
- Me: I believe it.
- RT: I getting strong, too. Want to see?
- Me: Sure.
- RT: <picks up a stool> See? Me strong!
- Me: Awesome.
- RT: Now, me strong like bull!
- Me: Like bull?
- RT: Ya! Like bull!
31 January 2012
- Me: Did you grow in Mama’s belly?
- Rebel Toddler (3): Ya! A long times ago.
- Me: How did you get out?
- RT: Huh?
- Me: How did you get out of Mama’s belly?
- RT: <smiles mischievously> I come out of her butt!
- Me: No you didn’t!
- RT: Kid-din’! I come out of her ‘gina!
If you enjoyed those delightful chats, you may also enjoy these Classic Conversations.
Also, if you’re interested in why we don’t punish Rebel Toddler (not ever), check this out.